Perth City Link, Perth, WA
The Western Australian government’s Metropolitan Redevelopment Authority (MRA) began an ambitious project in 2008 to implement new transport infrastructure to connect Perth City with the Northbridge entertainment precinct which includes the Perth Arena. The project called ‘Perth City Link’ is in response to the needs of a growing population and create a world-class city. The project costing $5.3 million involved creating underground bus and rail infrastructure, new connections for pedestrians and re-utilising land for a mix of tourism, retail, business and residential development.
Project Design Brief
The railway station upgrade included new links between Perth Station, Perth Underground and the new Fremantle rail tunnel. The designers required discreet and secure enclosures for the extensive services required for lighting, communication and railway infrastructure.
- Urbanfil® 4-part multi-part steel recessed cover and frame system
- Discreet 2mm galvanised steel cover and frame system that maintains the visual continuity of the pavement finishes
- Standard depth Urbanfil® covers are suitable for tiles and various concrete finishes
- Urbanfil® covers can be configured into larger multi-part sized covers to be installed over large infrastructure cable pit openings
- Four high tensile steel locking bolts per cover, ensure enclosure security