Perth Airport Domestic Terminal T1, WA
Perth Airport’s new Domestic Terminal T1 is part of a $1 billion, 20-year expansion plan to cater for WA’s continued economic growth and significant increase in passenger and aircraft numbers. The world-class facility comprises 22 new check-in desks as well as new check-in kiosks with bag-drop technology, new shopping and dining areas, state‑of‑the‑art Virgin Australia lounge and new departure gates. On the ground floor, a new baggage reclaim area enables easy access to new taxi and parking facilities.
Project Design Brief
To cater for the electrical infrastructure required for the expansion of the new check‑in area, a large cable enclosure was required. Designers wanted a high quality finish with unobtrusive access cover frames that harmonised with the paving materials used.
- Rhinocast® 12-part Access Cover with 12mm stainless steel decorative edge
- ACO’s Technical Service Department provided the structural designer with a detailed rebate and beam drawing of the multi-part access cover to be incorporated into the concrete slab
- 2mm high stainless steel decorative edge allows for tiles to be inserted into the cover and frame, retaining the continuity of the floor finish
- Class B covers are suitable for internal applications such as trollies and light vehicles
- All covers can be securely locked, preventing unauthorised access
Other ACO products used:
- Access covers and cable enclosures