Anglican Church Grammar School, Brisbane, QLD
The Anglican Church Grammar School was founded in 1912 and is an all boys’ school with 1750 students and 150 boarders. The school referred to as “Churchie” is located in the inner city suburb of East Brisbane. The Grammar school aims to keep up-to-date with the latest technology and learning resources. The school has a master plan to deliver a range of facilities with The Centenary Library a key element. The library comprises four levels of flexible learning spaces and includes a 250-seat theatre, an archive facility, café and offices for student services. An open plaza connects the Library with the Chapel.
Project Design Brief
The four level building designed with state-of-the-art equipment and technology needed a new transformer for the buildings power requirements. The transformer was installed in the plaza underground and required easy access for maintenance.
- Rhinocast® 25-part access cover with 40mm stainless steel decorative edge
- ACO Technical Services Department provided the structural designer and installer with a detailed rebate and beam drawing of the access cover
- The 40mm high stainless steel decorative edge enables brick pavers to be installed into the multi-part cover maintaining continuity of the pavement design
- Class D covers meet load requirements for emergency vehicles accessing the courtyard
Other ACO products used:
- Shallow drain systems and cable enclosures