Kings Square, Tower One, Perth, WA
King Square, Tower 1 (KS1) is part of the Perth City Link development costing $5.2 billion. The precinct comprises five towers, bars, restaurants and cafés above Perth’s primary transport hub consisting of underground train and bus stations. KS1 has been sustainably designed with the aim to mix business with leisure and has achieved the 5-Star Green Star design rating and the 5-Star Energy Rating.
Project Design Brief
The extensive transport infrastructure under the building created depth restrictions and the gas pipelines could not be run into the building by conventional means. A load rated shallow trench system was necessary to enable unobstructed access to the gas lines for maintenance.
- Rhinocast® ductile iron cover and frame trench run system
- Rhinocast® access covers are independently certified to AS 3996
- All the access covers can be removed individually to enable access to part or the entire trench run
- ACO’s Technical Service Department provided installation information including rebate details and trench run configurations for the designers and installers
Other ACO products used:
- Cable pits and trench drain systems