Indooroopilly Shopping Centre, QLD
Westfield’s Indooroopilly Shopping Centre was publicised as the largest shopping centre in the southern hemisphere, when it first opened in 1970. Since then, the complex has undergone many upgrades and extensions. Recently the centre had a $450M redevelopment.
Project Design Brief
Electrical engineers needed to accommodate a new power substation to support services for the new upgrade. The substation is located outside the building in the lower ground floor car park, for ease of access and to enable the multi-part access cover system to be placed into position from above during installation.
- 12-part multi-part access cover system
- ACO provided designers with full rebate and beam housing details to assist with the structural design of the suspended concrete floor
- Multi-part access cover system comprises individual removable covers and beams to enable the electrical substation to be installed (or removed) if required
- The access cover system was configured and positioned to ensure that the removal and/or opening of covers was directed away from the shop-front
Other ACO products used:
- Stainless steel drain channels