Brunswick Street Mall Redevelopment, Brisbane, QLD
Brunswick Street Mall in Brisbane’s Fortitude Valley has recently undergone a major rejuvenation aimed at transforming the thoroughfare into a day and night cultural entertainment and dining hub. The project is strategic in that both the needs of the community can be met as well as improving the future economic prospects in Fortitude Valley. The key components include provision of improved art, artscape zone creation, promotion of better tree growth and the development of pod activity generators.
Project Design Brief
As part of the pavement upgrade, new access points had to be positioned above the cable infrastructure. Designers needed all access covers to be robust to withstand slow moving service vehicles and to be recessed to allow for the infill of the pavement finish.
- Rhinocast® multi-part 4-part access cover
- ACO Technical Services provided the structural designer with a detailed rebate and beam drawing for the 4-part multi-part access cover to be incorporated into the concrete slab
- The covers and beam can be removed to provide easy access to the cables
- Covers are certified to Class B (AS 3996) suitable for slow moving vehicles with individual wheel load up to 2.67 tonnes
- Recessed covers allowed visual continuity of the pavement to be maintained